For many of us, July 4 is a day we are out and about, heading to the beach, having cookouts with family and friends, celebrating independence.
But for 2020, those activities are likely to be curtailed.
Beaches are closed in some areas and it may not be the time to have a crowd at your home. For those who enjoy a meal in a restaurant, options may be limited.
While some restaurants are open on July 4 with limited seating, many are not. Restaurants that have stayed open during the pandemic, offering takeout and delivery services, will continue to do so this weekend and many are offering special deals for July 4th.
Note: Not every restaurant in a chain may be honoring the deals, so be sure to check with local restaurants to confirm which deals are available before you go.
Here are some restaurants that are open:
- Abuelo’s: Dining rooms are open in many places and Abuelo’s is offering a red, white and blue American Flag Margarita for $8.95 through Sunday.
- Bahama Breeze: The restaurant chain is open for to-go and delivery orders and dine-in eating. Caribbean Bundles (which serve four) come with a choice of entrée (baby back ribs, grilled chicken, jerk chicken wings, seafood paella and jerk chicken pasta) plus a side, salad and Cuban bread. The bundles begin at $34.99.
- BJs Restaurant & Brewhouse: BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse is offering holiday specials available for take-out and delivery. They include a free appetizer with any $25 purchase: Get an appetizer by using promo code “FREEAPP” at checkout; five Family Meal Deal Bundles – feeds four – starting at $44.95. The Family Meal Deal Bundles include a combination of premium and signature entrees, slow-roasted favorites, four individual sides and one family-sized salad, the restaurant chain says.
- Bob Evans: You can get a three-course family meal (served hot for four), complete with choice of entrée, family-sized soup or salad, choice of two sides, freshly-baked rolls and chocolate chunk cookies starting at $29.99. You can order meals by stopping in at a restaurant, calling ahead or ordering online. Those who opt to order online can take advantage of Bob Evans’ brand new curbside pickup service.
- Bonefish Grill: Some of the restaurant’s chain locations are open, and all have carryout available. Through Sunday, order the Bonefish Grill Lobster and Shrimp Roll as an entrée ($16.90) or a Family Bundle ($45 for five people). You also get a signature side, cookies and fresh bread.
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen: This Fourth of July Cheddar’s will offer Family Bundles to go. They include summer classics like baby back ribs, chicken tenders, and two family-sized sides and a half-dozen signature honey butter croissants. The bundles start at $24.99.
- Cheesecake Factory: Through Sunday, you can get two double cheeseburgers, two orders of french fries, any two Coca-Cola fountain beverages and one slice of OREO Dream Extreme Cheesecake for $20. The restaurant is open for delivery and pickup only.
- Eddie V’s: You can get Fourth of July Marketplace Boxes, which feature a selection of prime steaks and lobster to grill at your cookout. Place your order Tuesday.
- Jimmy John’s: Through Sunday, buy one sandwich and get a second at half-price when you order online. Use the code SAVEON2 at checkout.
- Krispy Kreme: Krispy Kreme is offering a Patriotic Dozen from the Indoughpendence Day collection. The doughnuts are frosted in red, white and blue designs and go for $13.49 a dozen.
- Mrs. Fields: From now until July 5, get 20% off online items using the promo code FLAG20. Order by Wednesday for a July 4 delivery.
- On the Border: On the Border is offering family meal deals beginning at $19.99 available for take-out and delivery for July 4. If you join Club Cantina, you get free queso on your next visit.
- The Capital Grille: You can order the Capital Grille’s Steak Grille Boxes to celebrate the Fourth. Each box includes four freshly-cut, ready-to-cook steaks. The box includes signature steak sauce and seasoning. Selections include New York strip, bone-in prime ribeye or a combination of the two.
- The Fresh Market: For $59.99 you can get a meal that comes with a pork butt perfect for making pulled pork, hamburger buns, baked beans, cole slaw, apple pie, and watermelon. It serves eight. Preorder online now through Friday at 2 p.m. ET for pickup in-store from Thursday through Sunday.