Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news updates, access to exclusive contents, and more!
The fire nearly destroyed a mobile home, but it was what firefighters found inside that sent them scurrying.
A family of hamsters was found inside, including three babies. Crews saw the creatures were suffering from smoke inhalation, so they grabbed a guide to emergency animal care.
Firefighters in Lacey, Washington began giving Oreo, Madonna and their offspring oxygen, saving four of them.
KIRO reports crews believe the fire began in a clothes dryer.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
After the scene was under control the fire department tweeted, “yes, our crews are trained and specially equipped to care for animals that have been rescued from a house fire.”