Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news updates, access to exclusive contents, and more!
TOLEDO, Ohio - UPDATE: Dec. 27, 2017 3:00 p.m.: The four Ohio teenagers accused of dropping a sandbag from an Ohio overpass last week, killing a passenger in a vehicle below, entered denial pleas to murder charges Wednesday morning at their arraignments in Lucas County Juvenile Court, according to the Toledo Blade.
The teens, one 13-year-old and three 14-year-olds, remain jailed at the Lucas County Juvenile Detention Center in downtown Toledo.
They were charged with murder Tuesday and arraigned Wednesday on both the murder charges and vehicular vandalism, CNN reported.
Four teenagers in Ohio are facing charges after police say they deliberately tossed a sandbag off a highway overpass Tuesday night.
The sandbag struck Marquise Byrd, 22, who was a passenger in a car on I-75, WTVG reported. Police said the sandbag crashed through the car's windshield, striking Byrd. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition, where he later died, WTVG reported.
The four teens were apprehended and charged with felonious assault, but Byrd's death will likely prompt additional charges, police said. The teens, three whom are 14 years old and one 13, are being held at a juvenile detention facility. The teenagers denied the charges.