Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news updates, access to exclusive contents, and more!
Carrie Underwood fans her new album will be out soon, and of course she’s super excited to share it! The Carrie Underwood we’re used to is the sweet girl next door that kind of sings about dishing out the pain. You know like her songs "Before He Cheats", "Two Black Cadillacs", and "Dirty Laundry"
It sounds like she’s in a different place now and that won't be getting any of the 'evil Carrie' on her new album. She says, "I don't think I kill anybody off on this one. I know. It's so unlike me. Everybody lives at the end."
There'll be drama, but it'll be reality-based. Carrie says, "I feel like just me and where I am in my life. Just going through this crazy life that we go through. I've grown up a lot and I feel like 'the drama' is more real-life."
She says this album's songwriting was influenced by her son Isaiah and her husband Mike Fisher and goes on to say, "You draw off of personal experiences and people you know. Your life influences your music."
"Cry Pretty" will be out September 14th.
We've been hearing a lot about the Carly Pearce – Michael Ray love affair… but did you know Carly Pearce has another love? It’s running. It's one of those things that she's driven to do.
She says it’s a must-have when she's on tour, "I'm a big runner so I always have to do that. I've kind of found a new love in running arena stairs so we'll see if I keep that up as I keep going this summer."
She also talked about distance running, but says she has her limits "I've never done a marathon. I've done several half marathons, which is 13.1 miles."
She's been tempted to do the full 26.2 miles, but she knows her capabilities and doesn't let herself "get cocky" and think she can tackle one of those.
She said "I don't know that I would ever do a full marathon, but I love halves and hope to continue to do them."
After teasing a big announcement on their Instagram over the past few weeks, during a media event on Aug. 3rd Dolly Parton revealed plans for a $37-million expansion dubbed Wildwood Grove at her Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
Wildwood Grove, which is slated to open in 2019, represents the largest capital investment in Dollywood's 32-year history. Wildwood Grove will feature 11 new experiences for guests, including a new restaurant, climbing structure and roller coaster called the Dragonflier.
"This area is going to give families a place to explore, play and imagine together--but more importantly--it's a place where they can spend more time together," Dolly said. "I believe everyone has a song in their heart that needs to be set free. Wildwood Grove will be a place where families can learn together about what their heart song truly is."
Wildwood Grove's Featured Attractions:
1. Wildwood Tree: A 55-foot tree that grows from a cluster of natural rocks and boulders, which will serve as the area's focal point and feature a nighttime show and concerts. Its canopy will be adorned with thousands of butterflies.
2. The Dragonflier: A suspended 453-meter roller coaster that lets guests soar like a dragonfly.
3. Black Bear Trail: A ride where kids can hop on the backs of mechanical bears for a trek around the area.
4. Sycamore Swing: A leaf boat swing which will swing guests back and forth.
5. Treetop Tower: A ride that sends guests 40 feet into the air in giant acorns and spins them around to see the Smoky Mountains.
6. Mad Mockingbird: A ride that spins guests in circles, and they can control their experience by moving a sail.
7. Frogs & Fireflies: A ride where guests can hop on frogs and ride them as they race each other around a lily pad.
8. Hidden Hollow: A 4,000-foot indoor, climate controlled climb structure with slides and games.
9. Wildwood Creek: An oasis with pop jets and splashing pools.
10. Four new costumed characters and entertainment including Flit and Flutter, butterfly ambassadors for the Wildwood Tree, and Benjamin Bear.
11. Till & Harvest: A restaurant featuring fresh Southwest items including burritos, salads, pulled pork, slaw, a topping bar with salsas and a walk-up window with churros and ice cream.
You may be offline. Please check your connection and try again using the Retry button.