The creator of “Black-ish” is trying to put a little magic back on the small screen.
Kenya Barris has announced a production commitment for a “Bewitched” reboot, Entertainment Weekly is reporting.
The show will be based on the 1960’s sitcom in which a witch falls in love with a mortal man and takes over suburbia.
This time the premise set by Barris and writer-producer Yamara Taylor, according to Entertainment Weekly, is described as: “Samantha, a black hard working, single mom, who happens to be a witch, marries Darren, a white mortal who happens to be a bit of a slacker. They struggle to navigate their differences as she discovers that even when a black girl is literally magic, she’s still not as powerful as a decently tall white man with a full head of hair in America.”
The show will be produced by ABC Studios and Sony Pictures Television and was planned before Barris jumped from ABC Studios and signed a three-year deal with Netflix, Variety reported.
The original “Bewitched” aired on ABC from 1964 to 1972 and starred Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick York, who was later replaced by Dick Sargent.
There was also a 2005 feature film which starred Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell in the leads.
“Bewitched” is the latest in a series of remakes of older series. “Charmed,” “Sabrina the Teenage Witch,” “All in the Family,” “The Jeffersons,” “Good Times” and “Maude” are all potentially being brought back for the latest generation of television fans, Entertainment Weekly reported earlier this year.
Comedian Alec Baldwin weighed in on the racy snapshot his daughter posted on Instagram on Saturday, voicing his disapproval in the comments section, People reported.
“No. Just … No,” Baldwin, 60, posted on the account of Ireland Baldwin.
In the Instagram photo, Ireland Baldwin, 22, posed on a motorcycle, leaning forward while wearing a black bra and a matching pair of bottoms that are barely visible. She apparently exposed more skin than her father preferred to see on social media, E! Online reported.
The younger Baldwin, the daughter of the comedian and Kim Basinger, posed nude for PETA earlier this year. That came 24 years after Basinger struck a similar pose for PETA, E! Online reported. She also posed in her underwear in an Instagram post.
Ireland Baldwin’s comment about the photo on Instagram was “Stay extra,” People reported.
President Donald Trump slammed former White House aide and “Apprentice” alum Omarosa Manigault Newman on Monday after she released audio clips that she claims were recorded during interactions with President Donald Trump and Chief of Staff John Kelly.
Here are the latest updates:
Update 9:55 p.m. EDT Aug. 13: According to the Associated Press, Trump said he received a phone call from Mark Burnett, the producer of “The Apprentice” assuring him that no tapes exist of him using the N-word, as former White House adviser Omarosa Manigault Newman claims.
Manigault Newman writes in her new memoir that she’d heard such tapes existed. She now says she listened to one after the book closed.
Update 10:25 a.m. EDT Aug. 13: Trump took to Twitter Monday morning to blame the media for his attacks on Manigault Newman, writing that “the Fake News Media will be working overtime to make even Wacky Omarosa look legitimate as possible.”
Manigault Newman served as the director of communications for the Office of Public Liaison until January, when reports surfaced that she was "physically dragged" from the White House. Secret Service officials later denied Manigault Newman was physically removed from the premises.
She was one of Trump's most prominent African-American supporters. The president thanked her in February during an event for African-American History Month, saying that she was "very special."
"I want to thank my television star over here," Trump said at the Feb. 1 event, referencing Manigault Newman's time on his reality show competition, "The Apprentice."
Update 10 a.m. EDT Aug. 13: Trump slammed “Wacky Omarosa” Monday morning after the former White House aide released audio clips of calls she said were made with Trump and Kelly.
“Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time,” the president said Monday in a tweet. “She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard really bad things.”
Update 7:28 a.m. EDT Aug. 13: “Apprentice” alum Omarosa Manigault Newman has released an audio clip that she says was taken during a phone call with President Donald Trump the day after she was fired from her White House job in December.
According to NBC News, the recording seems to indicate that Trump did not know White House Chief of Staff John Kelly had fired Newman the day before.
“Omarosa, what’s going on? I just saw on the news that you’re thinking about leaving. What happened?” a man, purportedly Trump, says in the clip.
He later adds: “Nobody even told me about it. You know they run a big operation, but I didn’t know it. I didn’t know that. [Expletive] it. I don’t love you leaving at all.”
>> Listen to the clip here (WARNING: Audio includes profanity.)
Original report: "Apprentice" alum Omarosa Manigault Newman claims that she taped the moment she was fired from her job as an adviser to President Donald Trump – and released the audio to NBC's "Meet the Press."
On Sunday, the news show aired the clips, which Newman said were taken in the White House Situation Room as Chief of Staff John Kelly fired her in December.
"It's come to my attention over the last few months that there's been some pretty, in my opinion, significant integrity issues," a man, purportedly Kelly, can be heard saying in the recording.
He later adds: "I think it's important to understand that if we make this a friendly departure ... you can look at your time here in the White House as a year of service to the nation, and then you can go on without any type of difficulty in the future relative to your reputation."
Newman told "Meet the Press" that she believed the latter was a threat.
"He goes on to say that 'things can get ugly for you,'" said Newman, whose book, "Unhinged: An Insider's Account of the Trump White House," hits stores Tuesday. "The chief of staff of the United States, under the direction of the president of the United States, threatening me on damage to my reputation and things getting ugly for me – that's downright criminal."
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders issued a statement Sunday night condemning Newman's actions.
"The very idea a staff member would sneak a recording device into the White House Situation Room shows a blatant disregard for our national security – and then to brag about it on national television further proves the lack of character and integrity of this disgruntled former White House employee," Sanders said.
CNN reported that electronic devices such as cellphones are not allowed in the Situation Room.
White House officials are exploring "legal options" to prevent Newman from sharing more audio, ABC News reported Sunday evening.
The Associated Press contributed to these reports
"Brady Bunch" fans, it's time to say "Bye Bye Bye" to your dreams of owning the iconic California home from the popular 1970s sitcom.
'N Sync singer Lance Bass tweeted Friday that he was buying the house made famous in exterior shots of the Brady home. It recently was listed for $1.885 million.
"Super excited to announce they accepted my offer on the #BradyBunch house last night!!!" Bass wrote. "This is going to be a fun project!"
But not so fast. A few hours after celebrating, Bass tweeted he was “feeling heartbroken” when he apparently was outbid for the house, KABC reported. And -- Marcia, Marcia, Marcia -- Bass won’t be hosting actress Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia Brady in the series, for dinner any time soon.
Bass said he was told that another buyer -- perhaps a Hollywood studio -- was ready to buy the property “at any cost.”
Bass said after being told he was the winning bidder, he discovered that another buyer, possibly a Hollywood studio, was prepared to acquire the property "at any cost."
"They will outperform any bid with unlimited resources," he tweeted. “I'm hurt and saddened by this highly questionable outcome.”
According to the listing, the 2,477-square-foot home, located at 11222 Dilling St. in Studio City, California, features three bedrooms, three baths and a 12,500-square-foot lot.
"This iconic residence is reportedly the second most photographed home in the United States after the White House," the listing claims.
McCormick seemed pleased when she heard Bass had the high bid.
"Congratulations!" she tweeted to Bass. "May all your problems from here on out always be solved in a half hour."
"Star Trek" fans, rejoice: An iconic character will soon return to the small screen.
According to Entertainment Weekly, actor Patrick Stewart announced Saturday that he will play Jean-Luc Picard, the fan favorite from "Star Trek: The Next Generation," in a new "Star Trek" series for CBS All Access.
The news came at the "Star Trek" Las Vegas convention.
"I have never, ever grown tired of hearing from people who stop me in the street or in a restaurant – well, no, I don't like being interrupted while I'm eating – who say to me, 'Your show changed my life. Without 'Star Trek: The Next Generation,' I might not be here," Stewart told fans in the surprise appearance. "And that lies at the very center of what I have to tell you now: Jean-Luc Picard is back."
Stewart later shared the news on Twitter:
"I will always be very proud to have been a part of 'Star Trek: The Next Generation,' but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course," he said in a statement. "It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over."
He added: "During these past years, it has been humbling to hear stories about how 'The Next Generation' brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I'm ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more."
The series' name and when it will be released were not revealed, The Associated Press reported.
Lefty showed he had the right moves as he hawked long-sleeved shirts.
PGA Tour star Phil Mickelson appeared in a commercial for Mizzen+Main that first ran Thursday, and the three-time Masters champion took some awkward dance steps while avoiding golf balls that whizzed past him.
Mickelson, who also owns five major titles and 43 victories on the PGA Tour, got down to do “The Worm” to finish off the 30-second commercial.
Mickelson, 48, began wearing the long-sleeved shirts at the Players Championship in May and signed an endorsement deal with Mizzen+Main, ESPN reported.
"I'll do private (lessons) for the right price," Mickelson joked after shooting a 66 Thursday at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio, which put him four shots behind first-round leader Ian Poulter.
Mickelson said while it was “fun to laugh at yourself,” it was a tough chore to shoot the commercial because “it was a lot of work just to get those moves out of me."
Mickelson said he shot the commercial a month ago near his San Diego home and it took about an hour to produce, ESPN reported.
"Obviously, it's not the thing I'm most comfortable doing," Mickelson said. "But then (Mickelson’s wife) Amy said, 'You should just tell them that you know how to do The Worm.' After she said that, it was over, we were doing it.”
Glenn Jacobs won his biggest match Thursday night, as the man who wrestled professionally as Kane won the Knox County mayoral race in Tennessee, The Knoxville News-Sentinel reported.
Jacobs, 50, a small business owner who ran as a Republican, defeated Democrat Linda Haney. With 100 percent of the 89 precincts reporting, Jacobs held a 66-34 percent advantage over Haney with nearly 80,000 ballots cast, WATE reported.
“This professional wrestler got into a no-holds-barred, last-man-standing match, and when the bell rung, he was victorious," Jacobs told supporters. "We were victorious."
Jacobs grew up in Missouri and earned an English degree at Truman State University, the News-Sentinel reported. An injury while playing football pointed him toward professional wrestling, where the 6-foot-8, 300-pounder starred as the younger brother of World Wrestling Entertainment star The Undertaker.
In May, he defeated Knox County Commissioner Brad Anders by 23 votes to win the Republican nomination, the News-Sentinel reported.
Jacobs and his wife run an insurance and real estate company in Tennessee, ESPN reported. He takes over his new post on Sept. 1, and has not ruled out a return to the ring for a special appearance, ESPN reported.
CNN will be cobbling together a final seven-episode season of “Parts Unknown” with Anthony Bourdain, who died of suicide in June. It’s set to air this fall.
Only one episode featuring Bourdain and fellow CNN host W. Kamau Bell in Kenya was fully completed before his death with his signature narration.
Bourdain’s production company will use pre-existing footage to create four other episodes in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, the Big Bend area of Texas along the border of Mexico, the Asturias region of Spain and Indonesia. Without his post-production narration, the producers will use audio that he shot while on location.
Another episode will be focused on outtakes and anecdotes from crew and producers. The final “Parts Unknown” will be more of a tribute from fans and friends.
“Each one will feel slightly different depending on what’s gathered in the field,” said Amy Entelis, executive vice president of talent and content at CNN who handles original series and films, to the Los Angeles Times. “They will have the full presence of Tony because you’ll see him, you’ll hear him, you’ll watch him. That layer of his narration will be missing, but it will be replaced by other voices of people who are in the episodes.”
The network relied on Bourdain’s Emmy-winning show for ratings, especially on Sunday nights, where it regularly propelled the network ahead of Fox News and MSNBC among 25- to 54-year-olds. On CNN since 2013, Bourdain’s show was CNN’s original series calling card, the show that was able to charge the most ad dollars, according to Standard Media Index. The Los Angeles Times story said over a nearly nine-month period through June 14, CNN aired his show 166 times.
While Bourdain’s show is in effect irreplaceable, CNN still has other original series options, including Bell’s “United Shades of America,” “This is Life With Lisa Ling,” “The 2000s,” and “The History of Comedy.” And more are in the pipeline, including Atlanta-based Sanjay Gupta’s “Chasing Life,” where he travels the world seeking secrets to living longer, healthier and happier.
Alan Alda has announced he has Parkinson’s disease.
The “M*A*S*H” actor made the announcement on “CBS This Morning” on Tuesday.
In the announcement, Alda said he received the diagnosis three and a half years ago.
“I’ve had a full life since then,” Alda said during the interview. “I’ve acted. I’ve given talks. I help at the Alda Center for Communicating Science at Stony Brook. I’ve started this new podcast. And I noticed that -- I had been on television a lot in the last couple of weeks talking about the new podcast - and I could see my thumb twitch in some shots and I thought, it’s probably only a matter of time before somebody does a story about this from a sad point of view, but that’s not where I am.”
He also appeared in television series like “The West Wing,” “ER,” “The Blacklist” and “The Good Fight.” He also starred in films like “The Aviator.”
The Parkinson’s Foundation describes the condition as “a neurodegenerative disorder that affects predominately dopamine-producing (”dopaminergic”) neurons in a specific area of the brain called substantia nigra.”
Symptoms can appear slowly over years, and each patient’s condition progresses differently.
Many patients may see tremors, mainly at rest in the hands, Bradykinesia, rigid limbs and gait and balance problems.
The cause of Parkinson’s is unknown, and there is no cure. There are treatments including medication and surgery. The disease itself is not fatal, but the complications from it are dangerous.
For more on Parkinson’s disease, click here.
The Hardeman County Sheriff's Office released a statement on the death of professional wrestler Brian Christopher Lawler, who died Sunday afternoon in Tennessee.
Lawler, 46, who wrestled professionally as Brian Christopher, was taken to the hospital from the Hardeman County Jail. He was the son of longtime pro wrestling star Jerry “The King” Lawler.
According to the statement, Lawler was arrested for a third-offense DUI, revoked driver's license and felony evading arrest.
After his bond was set at $40,000, the family requested time to decide if they were going to get a public defender or a private attorney.
Because of how well known Lawler was, he was put in a cell by himself. The sheriff said they “had no indication that he was suicidal, he was not on suicide watch.”
According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Lawler was found hanging in his cell. Corrections officers administered CPR until paramedics arrived.
Also known as Grandmaster Sexay during his days wrestling professionally in the WWE, the younger Lawler teamed with Scotty 2 Hotty to become a popular tag team.
Take www.y100fm.com everywhere you go! Download your app below from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store:
Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!