Now Playing
Y100 FM
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Y100 FM

celebrity news

200 items
Results 51 - 60 of 200 < previous next >

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson graciously accepts his Razzie award 

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson did not win an Academy Award on Sunday night, but he was still excited to bring home a different kind of “honor.”

>> Read more trending news

The pro wrestler-turned-movie star went on Twitter to share that news that he won a Golden Raspberry Award, Metro reported. “Razzies” are awarded to the worst movies of the year in Hollywood, and “Baywatch” -- which starred Johnson -- won dubious honors.

“Here’s the cool thing,” Johnson said in a video he posted on Twitter. “The movie was so bad, they actually had to create a new category, I’m not kidding, that category, the new category is A Movie So Rotten You Eventually Fell in Love With It.”

Johnson thanked his critics and fans for the award.

“Look, we made ‘Baywatch’ with the best intentions, and it didn’t work out like that, but I humbly and graciously accept my Razzie and I thank you critics and thank you fans,” Johnson said in his video.

“Baywatch” also starred Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario and Kelly Rohrbach. David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson, who starred in the original television series that ran from 1989 to 2001, had cameo roles.

'SNL': Alec Baldwin as Trump compares White House to Waffle House at 2 a.m.

On "Saturday Night Live," the Alec Baldwin/President Donald Trump sketches keep on coming.

>> Read more trending news 

During the opener Saturday night, the show's writers did make an amusing – if not totally over-the-top – analogy between the White House and a Waffle House at 2 a.m.

Turning to the subject of his planned tariffs on aluminum and steel, Baldwin-as-Trump said: “Both sides hated it. I don’t care. I said I was going to run this country like a business. That business is a Waffle House at 2 a.m. Crazies everywhere, staff walking out in the middle of their shift, managers taking money out of the cash register to pay off the Russian mob.”

>> Watch the clip here

Khloe Kardashian reveals she is expecting a baby girl with Tristan Thompson

Khloe Kardashian is expecting a baby girl.

The entrepreneur and TV personality revealed the news on the Sunday night episode of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.”

>> Read more trending news 

After the episode, the expectant mother tweeted that she was excited for her daughter, who will be fast friends with cousins Chicago West and Stormi Webster.  

Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West welcomed Chicago West via gestational carrier Jan. 15. Kylie Jenner and her boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott, welcomed Stormi Feb. 1.

Kardashian confirmed she was pregnant in December with an Instagram post.

“My greatest dream realized! We are having a baby! I had been waiting and wondering but God had a plan all along,” Khloe Kardashian captioned her Instagram photo. “He knew what He was doing. I simply had to trust in Him and be patient.”

Rick Ross remains hospitalized in Miami

Rapper/businessman Rick Ross is reportedly still hospitalized in Miami after suffering what is believed to be a heart attack.

>> Did 50 Cent mock Rick Ross health scare with brutal 'Rocky' reference?

His status has not been officially confirmed by family, but the rap and celebrity community was out in full force on social media Friday night offering prayers for Ross.

While Ross spent his formative years in Miami and still lives there, he also maintains a footprint in Atlanta. Ross, born William Leonard Roberts II, owns a 54,000-square-foot estate in Fayetteville, Georgia, previously held by Evander Holyfield.

>> Rapper Rick Ross reportedly hospitalized after medical issue

Ross, 42, also oversees several franchise locations of Wingstop and Checkers throughout the South and in 2015, pledged to open a branch of his Maybach Music Group in Atlanta.

His health issues have also been well-documented. In 2011, he suffered a series of seizures and in interviews discussed his poor health habits. Following the seizures, Ross vowed to take better care of himself and soon lost more than 75 pounds.

>> Read more trending news 

Ross recently released the new song, “Florida Boy,” with T-Pain and Kodak Black. His next album, “Port of Miami 2: Born to Kill,” is expected to be released soon.

Did 50 Cent mock Rick Ross health scare with brutal 'Rocky' reference?

On Saturday, Rick Ross was reportedly still hospitalized in Miami for an undisclosed medical issue. Although many celebrities took to social media to offer prayers, one sent a message that wasn’t as heartfelt.

>> Rapper Rick Ross reportedly hospitalized after medical issue

50 Cent recently posted a still frame of the character Ivan Drago from the film “Rocky IV” to his Instagram page. In that particular scene, the boxer says, “If he dies, he dies” after knocking out his opponent Apollo Creed.

>> See the post here

About an hour later, he shared another picture featuring Al Pacino's Scarface, writing, "Yeah I'm different."

>> On Rick Ross remains hospitalized in Miami

While the uploads did not mention Ross, many across the internet speculate the “In Da Club” artist was targeting the Wingstop franchiser, who’s been one of his rivals for years.

The two emcees have publicly feuded since 2009 by explicitly condemning each other in several songs and interviews. The ongoing fight has even included cartoons, alleged sex tapes leaks and even lawsuits.

>> Read more trending news  

On Friday night, Ross was rushed to the hospital after reportedly suffering a heart attack. His current status has not been officially confirmed by family.

>> On 50 Cent denies bitcoin collection in bankruptcy court documents

This isn’t the 42-year-old’s first health scare. In 2011 he suffered two seizures within hours and later openly discussed his poor health habits. Following his illness, he underwent a weight loss challenge and dropped 75 pounds. 

Kylie Jenner posts Snapchat video of daughter Stormi Webster

Kylie Jenner has shared the first video of her daughter’s face on Snapchat.

The 20-year-old new mother posted a video showing Stormi’s face on a filter with a crown of flame emojis. Stormi, who was born Feb. 1, looks into the camera with a hand in the air and a pacifier in her mouth. E! News reported it’s the clearest image of Stormi’s face so far.

>> Read more trending news 

The Instagram page kyliesnapchat posted the video on its page. 

Jenner told a fan on Twitter Feb. 1 that Stormi looks just like her when she was a baby. 

Stormi is Jenner’s first child with her boyfriend, rapper Travis Scott. She’s also 25-year-old Scott’s first child.

Queen Elizabeth was target of assassination plot during 1981 New Zealand visit, documents reveal

Recently declassified intelligence documents revealed that a troubled 17-year-old boy attempted to murder Queen Elizabeth II while she was visiting the Commonwealth nation of New Zealand in 1981.

>> Read more trending news 

While the queen was touring the city of Dunedin on New Zealand’s south island on Oct. 14, 1981, a mentally disturbed teenager named Christopher Lewis fired a single shot toward the her as she exited her motorcade at the Otago Museum, according to papers from the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS). No one was harmed in the incident.

Lewis turned himself in to local police, who found a .22-caliber rifle and a used cartridge in the building where he had used the firearm. Official believed that the incident would damage the country’s chances of another royal visit, so they only sought firearms and robbery charges against the teen, the documents suggest.

>> Related: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle invite 2,640 to watch their arrival on wedding day

“Current police investigations into the shots have been conducted discreetly, and most media representatives probably have the impression that the noise was caused by a firework of some description,” a 1981 memo from the intelligence service said.

“There is a worry, however, that in court the press may make the connections between the date of the offence and the Queen’s visit,” it added.

“Lewis did indeed originally intend to assassinate the Queen,” the intelligence memo reads. “However [he] did not have a suitable vantage point from which to fire, nor a sufficiently high-powered rifle for the range from the target,” Agence France-Presse reported.

Lewis informed officials that he was a member of a right-wing militia group known as the National Imperial Guerilla Army, although police soon concluded the organization only had three members, which included a higher-ranked figure called the Polar Bear and another called The Snowman, who reportedly issued an order to “terrorize Dunedin.”

>> Related: Queen Elizabeth surrounded by fashion royalty at her first London runway show

Lewis eventually ended up in jail after he was convicted of a string of offenses. He committed suicide in his cell in 1997, authorities said.

The details have prompted a fresh police investigation into the alleged “cover up.”

Faye Dunaway, Warren Beatty returning for Best Picture Oscar after mix-up last year

Actors Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty are returning to the Oscars on Sunday to hand out the Best Picture Academy award, after last year’s badly botched winner presentation.

>> Read more trending news 

Dunaway and Beatty incorrectly announced the musical “La La Land” as the Best Picture winner in 2017 when it was actually the drama “Moonlight.” But it wasn’t their fault. An employee with PricewaterhouseCoopers, the firm that delivers the sealed Oscar winners, was distracted backstage and handed Dunaway and Beatty the wrong envelope.

>> Related: The 2018 Oscars: What time, what channel, who is nominated, live stream 

>> Related: Photos: 2018 Academy Awards nominees 

After the “La La Land” cast showed up on stage to collect their Oscar, the presenters reannounced the winner as “Moonlight,” stunning the cast members and the audience, alike.

PricewaterhouseCoopers created a new policy to make sure that kind of confusion doesn’t happen again, including prohibiting the use of smartphones and social media backstage during the Oscars show.

>> Related: Oscars 2017: 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture after 'La La Land' mix-up

The company also now requires a stage manager and the presenters to verify the winner envelope is the right one before the presenters head onstage.


John Legend, Chrissy Teigen donate $25,000 to Parkland shooting survivors’ March for Our Lives

Celebrity couple John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are joining the likes of Oprah Winfrey and George and Amal Clooney in supporting survivors of the Parkland, Florida, high school shooting.

The Blast reported that the singer and his cookbook author and TV personality wife donated $25,000 to March for Our Lives, the group started by some survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.

>> Read more trending news 

“We support the students,” Legend told The Associated Press Feb. 27. “We’re proud of the students. We’ve already sent them money. We sent them $25,000 to help with whatever costs they have for organizing, and we believe that our gun culture needs to change in America.”

On Feb. 14, a 19-year-old former student opened fire at the school, killing 17 people and injuring many others. He has been changed with 17 counts of premeditated murder.

Classes resumed at the school Wednesday.

Related: George, Amal Clooney donate $500,000 to Parkland shooting survivors, Oprah Winfrey matches amount

On Feb. 18, survivors David Hogg, Alex Wind, Cameron Kasky, Jacqueline Coren and Emma Gonzalez announced a March 24 event in which students and supporters of March for Our Lives will march on Washington, D.C., for stricter gun laws.

The Clooneys announced they would participate in the march and donate $500,000 to the group Feb. 20. Winfrey later said she would match that donation. 

“We stand out among other major countries in the world when it comes to these types of massacres, but also in the everyday gun violence that people have to deal with,” Legend told The AP. “I don’t think that we should accept that as normal. I think we’ve decided that everyone having unfettered access to guns is more important than all of us being safe, and I think we need to reshape that balance a bit so that we’re all more safe.”

“I’m glad these kids from Parkland are saying, ‘Enough is enough,’ and we support them,” Legend said.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle invite 2,640 to watch their arrival on wedding day

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are inviting more than 2,000 people to watch their arrival at Windsor Castle on their wedding day, the Daily Mail reported.

>> Read more trending news

The royal wedding in the United Kingdom is scheduled for May 19.

People who will be invited include 1,200 people “who have served their communities,” and will be chosen by representatives of Queen Elizabeth II.

The guest list also will include 200 people who represent charities supported by the royal couple, the Daily Mail reported.

Also invited are 100 students from two local schools, 610 Windsor Castle community members and 530 members of the royal household.

According to Kensington Palace, the total number of invitees is 2,640.

In a statement today, Kensington Palace said that “'Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle have said they want their wedding day to be shaped so as to allow members of the public to feel part of the celebrations, too.”

200 items
Results 51 - 60 of 200 < previous next >