Now Playing
Y100 FM
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Y100 FM

celebrity news

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >

Nancy Sinatra Sr., first wife of Frank Sinatra, dead at 101

Nancy Sinatra Sr., the first of entertainer Frank Sinatra’s four wives and mother of their three children, died Friday, according to The Hollywood Reporter. She was 101.

>> Read more trending news 

Her death was announced on Twitter by her daughter Nancy, who tweeted “My mother passed away peacefully tonight at the age of 101. She was a blessing and the light of my life. Godspeed, Momma. Thank you for everything.”

Nancy Barbato was born March 25, 1917, in Jersey City, New Jersey. She met Sinatra in the summer of 1934 and married her high school sweetheart five years later. The couple’s first two children were born in Jersey CIty: Nancy, who sang the 1966 hit “These Boots Are Made for Walkin’” in 1940, and Frank Jr. in 1944. The family moved to California in late 1944, and daughter Tina was born in Toluca Lake in 1948, the Hollywood Reporter said.

>> Photos: Notable deaths of 2018

Their marriage ended in 1951 after Sinatra’s affair with actress Ava Gardner, CNN reported. Sinatra married Gardner days after the divorce was final. 

After he divorced Gardner, Sinatra went on to marry Mia Farrow in 1966 and Barbara Marx in 1978. 

He died in 1998 at the age of 82.

Nancy Sinatra Sr. never remarried, The Hollywood Reporter said.

’Young and the Restless’ actor Corey Sligh convicted of child molestation in Georgia

A Georgia soap opera actor was convicted of child molestation nearly two years after the allegations first surfaced, according to Cherokee County court records. 

>> Read more trending news

A jury convicted Corey Seth Sligh of one count of child molestation and cleared him on another count last month, records showed. Sligh has not been sentenced, yet.

Sligh, a Canton resident, was first arrested in October 2016 after parents of the victim, who was under the age of 10, reported the molestation. According to a police report, the molestation took place between April and September of that year. The parents reported the incident Sept. 24, 2016.

>> Related: Actor arrested on child molestation charges in Cherokee

Nearly a month after his arrest in that case, officials in Walton County, Florida, arrested Sligh on similar charges. He has yet to go to trial in that case. 

Sligh allegedly touched another girl under 10 while she was vacationing with her family on Rosemary Beach in June and July of 2016, according to the Northwest Florida Daily News, which cited an arrest warrant. The girl also told authorities Sligh forced her to touch him inappropriately.

Authorities were notified of that incident in September 2016. Sligh was ordered to wear an ankle monitor following that arrest. 

>> Related: Actor arrested on second child molestation charges

Sligh was an extra on the long-running CBS soap opera, “The Young and the Restless,” online entertainment site TMZ reported.  Sligh also appeared in a short-lived TV series, “All About Lizzie,” according to his IMDb page.

 

2018 Emmys: John Legend one step closer to EGOT

John Legend is one step closer to achieving an EGOT -- an elite club of performers who have won all four of the entertainment industry’s major awards -- Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony.

>> Read more trending news 

Legend scored his first Emmy nomination Thursday morning, for his role in NBC’s “Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert.”

He will compete against Antonio Banderas (“Genius: Picasso”), Darren Criss (“The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”), Benedict Cumberbatch (“Patrick Melrose”), Jeff Daniels (“The Looming Tower”) and Jesse Plemons (“Black Mirror”) in the category.

Whoopi Goldberg, Rita Moreno, and Mel Brooks are among those who have achieved an EGOT.

>>Related: 2018 Emmys: Sandra Oh is the first Asian woman nominated for lead actress in drama category 

Legend began his road to EGOT when he won three Grammy Awards in 2006.

He has won 10 to date.

>>Related: 2018 Emmys nominations: ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Westworld,’ ‘The Handmaids Tale’ lead nods

Legend’s wife Chrissy Teigen shared her excitement for her husband -- and dismay over the couple’s lack of space shelf for their awards.

“If he wins, he will complete his EGOT and my spike tv award will probably be moved,” Teigen tweeted. “But it's ok I AM SO PROUD!”

Oprah ‘impressed’ with True Food Kitchen; invests in healthy restaurant chain

Oprah Winfrey is expanding her portfolio, investing in a health-focused restaurant chain. 

>> Read more trending news 

The media mogul has partnered with True Food Kitchen as a shareholder. She is joining the company’s board of directors, which already includes health guru and celebrity doctor Andrew Weil.

The Phoenix-based business, which has 23 locations across 10 states, believes “delicious dining and conscious nutrition can go hand in hand, without sacrificing flavor, creativity or indulgence,” according to its website.

>> Related: Oprah first black woman entrepreneur on Bloomberg Billionaires Index

When Winfrey visited a Palo Alto, California, location last year, she said she was “impressed.”

“When I first dined at True Food Kitchen, I was so impressed with the team's passion for healthy eating and, of course, the delicious food, that I knew I wanted to be part of the company's future,” Winfrey said in a press release.

This isn’t the first time Winfrey has invested in food-related ventures.

>> Related: Apple announces multi-year content deal with Oprah Winfrey

In 2015, she bought a 10 percent stake in Weight Watchers International, Inc., and she launched a line of soups with Kraft Heinz called O That’s Good! last year. 

Ex-NBA star Charles Oakley arrested for cheating at Las Vegas casino

Former New York Knicks NBA player Charles Oakley was arrested Sunday after allegedly cheating during a game of blackjack at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

Oakley, 54, was reportedly caught on resort surveillance video July 8 changing his $100 bet during a game.

He was reportedly seen on camera pulling a single chip off its mark, the Las Vegas Review Journal reported.

>> Read more trending news 

Officials from the Nevada Gaming Board told TMZ Sports that Oakley “was suspected of adding to or reducing his wager on a gambling game after the outcome was known.”

Oakley was arrested after hotel security reviewed the video at 5:30 p.m. Sunday. 

A source told TMZ Sports that the arrest was an “insignificant matter that will be quickly resolved.”

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has not publicly responded to calls for comment about the arrest.

According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, the maximum sentence for the violation would be between one to six years, if charged.

Oakley played for six NBA teams, including a 10-year stretch with the New York Knicks. 

He is currently the coach of Killer 3s, a Big3 professional basketball league co-founded by rap star Ice Cube.

Former Bengals player Pacman Jones assaulted by employee at Atlanta airport, police say

Police said former Cincinnati Bengals football player Adam “Pacman” Jones was assaulted by an airport contract worker at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta Tuesday.

The worker, identified as Frank Ragin, made a gesture toward Jones at about 10 p.m. Tuesday, Atlanta police said. Jones confronted the man about what he meant by the gesture and the two began to argue, according to police. 

>> Read more trending news 

Police said the argument occurred on Concourse B near Gate B6. 

Ragin is accused of punching Jones and injuring his face. He is also accused of striking Jones’ companion, a woman who has not been identified, and injuring her hand. 

Police said Jones, 34, then pushed Ragin to the ground. Police eventually determined Ragin was the primary aggressor. 

Ragin, who was charged with two counts of battery, was transported to Grady Memorial Hospital to be treated for his injuries.

Ragin works for ABM, a contractor for the airport that deals with building maintenance and facility services.

Jones and his companion declined medical treatment.

Jones, who was drafted in 2005 out of West Virginia by the Tennessee Titans, has also played for the Dallas Cowboys and Cincinnati Bengals. The cornerback played in nine games for the Bengals last season. He is currently a free agent.

Cardi B, Offset welcome baby girl, Kulture Kiari Cephus

Cardi B has given birth to her baby girl.

The rapper and her husband, Migos member Offset, welcomed Kulture Kiari Cephus in Atlanta on Tuesday. Her middle name is after her father, whose legal name is Kiari Kendrell Cephus. 

>> Read more trending news 

The 25-year-old first-time mom announced the news on Instagram Wednesday.

Cardi B, whose legal name is Belcalis Almanzar, confirmed in June that she and Offset, 26, were married in a ceremony in their bedroom in September. Offset publicly proposed to Cardi on stage at Power 99’s powerhouse concert in Philadelphia in October.

Cardi revealed her pregnancy while performing on “Saturday Night Live.”

Kulture is the first child for Cardi and the fourth for Offset. He has three children from previous relationships.

Jason Momoa to star in Apple sci-fi drama 'See'

Actor Jason Momoa has been cast to star in “See,” a new Apple original series, according to multiple reports.

>> Read more trending news

The series will explore a world in which people have lost their sense of sight and the chaos that ensues when a set of twins are born with the ability to see, Endgaget reported. Written by “Peaky Blinders” and “Dirty Pretty Things” writer Steven Knight, the show was described as “an epic, world-building drama set in the future,” according to Variety.

Momoa will star in the series as Baba Voss, “a fearless warrior, leader and guardian,” the entertainment magazine reported.

Francis Lawrence, who directed three of the four “Hunger Games” films, is set to direct the series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Apple has ordered “either 8 or 10 episodes” of the series, according to Engadget. It was not immediately clear when the series would be released.

Tyler Perry warns fans not to fall for Facebook scams using his name

Movie mogul Tyler Perry has a message for his fans: Don't fall for Facebook scams that use his name.

The "Madea" actor and director said in a video posted Tuesday night that bogus, unauthorized social media pages incorrectly claim that he will give away money and high-priced items to followers. 

>> Read more trending news  

"I am not giving away anything on Facebook," Perry said in the video. "I am not giving away any money. My team has to shut down these things. Every day, there's a new one popping up."

Related: Photos: Tyler Perry through the years

He added: "Do not give your information to any of these people. Do not give them anything. I don't know who they are, but every day, we have to get 10, 20, 30 of those things shut down on Facebook. I am not giving away anything."

Related: Tiffany Haddish reveals Tyler Perry bought her a Tesla

Perry also urged viewers to share his warning.

"Please do me a favor: Post this everywhere so people will know that is not true," he said.

Perry added that he often makes generous donations, but not on Facebook.

"Hey, listen, in my life, I'm a giver; I give a lot of things to a lot of people, to a lot of employees, random things – cars, houses, that I do," he said. "But that is not true, the Facebook stuff. I am not giving away anything. Stop it, devil."

Billy Dee Williams to join ‘Star Wars: Episode IX,’ reprises Lando Calrissian role

Billy Dee Williams is dusting off his iconic capes and will reprise his role as galactic scoundrel Lando Calrissian.

The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Williams had to drop out of an upcoming convention appearance because of a movie’s shooting schedule. The movie, according the the Hollywood Reporter, is “Star Wars: Episode IX.”

>> Read more trending news 

Williams first portrayed Calrissian in the “Empire Strikes Back,” released in 1980, and again in “Return of the Jedi,” released in 1983. He has also lended his voice to animated versions of the character in various video games and television shows like “Star Wars Rebels.”

Calrissian, however, was recently seen on the big screen, but not played by Williams. Instead, Donald Glover took the helm of the Millennium Falcon in this year’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story.

J.J. Abrams is writing and directing the latest installment of the epic film series, which is scheduled to hit theaters on Dec. 20, 2019. Last week, it was leaked that Keri Russell was joining the cast as an yet-unannounced character. Williams and Russell will join Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac in the final part of the latest trilogy.

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >