Now Playing
Y100 FM
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Y100 FM

Posted: June 18, 2015

Couple dies after keyless car mistakenly left on in garage, officials say


By Cox Media Group National Content Desk


Trending on Facebook

More popular and trending stories

A married couple found dead in their home apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning after a car with keyless ignition was mistakenly left running in the garage, authorities said. (Source: Chicago Tribune)

Cesare Fontanini, a Highland Park Fire Department lieutenant, found his parents dead when he stopped by their home Monday morning. 

Pasquale Fontanini, 79, was found unresponsive on the first floor; he had apparently heard an alarm and tried to turn off the car and open the garage but was overcome, authorities said. Rina Fontanini, 76, was discovered unconscious upstairs.

More trending stories

Authorities believe the couple’s Lincoln Continental may have been left running for hours, based on the levels of carbon monoxide in the home when first responders arrived.

This is not the first time keyless ignitions have been blamed for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Read more here

There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.



@Y100SanAntonio Instagram