Now Playing
Y100 FM
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Y100 FM

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >

Inside Uber

Inside Uber

Photos: Notable deaths 2017

Firefighters help paramedic beat up estranged wife's friend, police say

Two firefighters and a paramedic are facing charges after authorities accused them of breaking into a home in Eustis, Florida, Monday night and assaulting the people inside.

>> Read more trending news

Police said the victim told her husband, the paramedic, that their marriage was over and he had to move out a few weeks ago.

Investigators said Michael Amedeo got two of his firefighter friends, Michael Downs and Cody Wages, to help him attacked his estranged wife and her male friend.

Investigators said Wages and Downs pushed their way into the home and attacked the man.

Police said Amedeo joined in on the attack and the three men allegedly pulled the friend out of the home and beat him up in the yard.

The wife tried to call 911, but Amedeo grabbed the phone and threw it, according to police.

Amedeo is also facing domestic violence charges.

Amedeo is a former Lake County firefighter, but sources told Channel 9 he now works as a paramedic.

Wages works for Osceola County Fire Rescue and Downs works for Eustis Fire and Rescue.

>> Related: Killer details brutal murder, final minutes of NY jogger in police video

The woman’s injuries included a broken hand and bruises, police said.

The firefighters have been placed on paid administrative leave.

Authorities said the men had been drinking before carrying out the alleged attack.

Getting to Know John Lasseter

Getting to Know John Lasseter

Killer details brutal murder, final minutes of NY jogger in police video

The accused killer of New York jogger Karina Vetrano was in court Monday, and a videotaped confession detailed the violet final moments of Vetrano’s life as her family listened and sobbed, the New York Post reported.

>> Read more trending news

Chanel Lewis, 21, calmly confessed to killing Vetrano on Aug. 2, 2016 in a video that was played during a pre-trial hearing Monday to determine if it will be admissible as evidence. Police claim Lewis killed the 30-year-old woman while she out running in Spring Creek Park in Howard Beach, Queens.

The attack was brutal. Lewis reportedly broke her teeth and kept beating her until she lost consciousness, then strangled her. He told police, “I was mad; I saw red.”

Lewis said he grabbed Vetrano as she ran by him and that she clawed at his face as he hit her five times, rendering her unconscious.

>> Related: Suspect arrested in brutal rape, murder of New York jogger

“She didn’t yell. She was finished,” Lewis reportedly said in the video. “I finished her off, I strangled her. She fell into the puddle and drowned. I got up and wiped off the blood. And she was calm, she was in the pool [of water]. It was like all the way over [her face].”

>> Related: Innocent man out of prison after lawyers locate the real criminal — who looks exactly like him

Before he confessed, Lewis told a detective that he was sorry for what he did and that he wanted to change his life. He insisted that he did not sexually assault Vetrano, even she was found with her jogging shorts pulled down.

“I didn’t do any of the stuff they said, sexual assault and stuff like that,” he told cops, the Post reported.

In the video, Lewis also seemed to think that even though he had admitted to killing Vetrano, he would be able to go on with his life and not face jail time.

“I can straighten out my stuff?” he asked the prosecutor. “Well you’re the DA right? Where do we go from here? Is there a restitution program or something?”

Lewis was asked why he attacked Vetrano, and he gave the perplexing response: “Because a guy moved into [his] house and the neighborhood.”

The victim’s father, Philip Vetrano, said he felt “a lot of anger” and that he lashed out at Lewis’ relatives before he and his family left court in an unmarked police car, the Post reported.

>> Related: Her answer to ‘swingers cruise’ question sent Steve Harvey off the rails for good

“His family left the room,” Philip Vetrano said. “They couldn’t listen to his confession. We know where the coward got his cowardliness from. The truth hurts. It’s pathetic. It’s just so tomorrow they can say their offspring is not guilty.”

Lewis’ family did not answer questions, the Post reported.

Trump supports embattled Senate candidate Roy Moore, ‘He totally denies it’

President Donald Trump finally addressed sexual assault and harassment allegations against Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore Tuesday while speaking to reporters ahead of his departure for Mar-a-Lago, essentially saying he supports Moore in spite of the accusations.

>> Read more trending news

“We don’t need a liberal Democrat in that seat,” the president said, referring to Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ vacant U.S. Senate seat that Moore is running for, and adding that Moore “totally denies” the accusations.

Trump also said, “40 years is a long time,” referring to when the alleged incidents with the underage girls happened.

The president went on to encourage voters not to support Democratic candidate Doug Jones, adding that he is soft on crime and on border protection.

While Trump did not say whether he believes Moore is innocent, he did suggest he’s deciding whether to campaign for him.

>> Related: Who is Judge Roy Moore

Trump’s comments came on the heals of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway’s apparent endorsement of Roy earlier this week.

“I’m telling you we want the votes in the Senate to get this tax bill through,” Conway said. “And the media — if the media were really concerned about all these allegations, and that’s what this was truly about … Al Franken would be on the ash heap of bygone half-funny comedians. He wouldn’t be here on Capitol Hill. He still has his job. What’s Bob Menendez doing back here? That’s the best my state of New Jersey can do?”

Moore has been accused by seven women of sexual misconduct. With the exception of one woman who was 18 at the time, all of his accusers were underage when he allegedly sexually harassed or assaulted them with the youngest being just 14 years old at the time. One of his accusers was even in the same high school sophomore class as his wife, whom Moore admitted to first noticing when she was 15 or 16-years-old when she was performing in a dance recital.

>> Related: Ivanka Trump slams Roy Moore in Interview

“When I was deputy district attorney, many years before we got married, I saw her at a dance recital and I was standing, oh, at the back of the auditorium and I saw her up front,” he recalled at the time. “I remember her name, it was Kayla Kisor. KK. But I remember that and I didn’t meet her there … it was, oh gosh, eight years later or something, I met her. And when she told me her name, I remembered.”

Reports: Uber paid hackers to keep the data breach quiet

Uber reportedly paid hackers $100,000 to remove the data of 57 million customers they stole in a massive 2016 data breach, according to Bloomberg.

>> Read more trending news

Names, phone numbers and email address were among the data stolen. Around 600,000 driver’s license numbers belonging to Uber drivers were also compromised in the October 2016 breach.

Social security numbers appear not to have been stolen in the breach.

Uber executives reportedly concealed the hack for over a year and have been terminated, according to BuzzFeed.

Uber’s current CEO, Dara Khosrowshahi, criticized the company’s handling of the data theft in a blog post that said there’s no evidence the stolen information has been misused.

The company released a statement Tuesday on the 2016 attack.

The San Francisco company ousted Travis Kalanick as CEO in June after an internal investigation concluded he had built a culture that allowed female workers to be sexually harassed and encouraged employees to push legal limits.

Read more at Bloomberg.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

What You Need to Know - John Conyers

What You Need to Know - John Conyers

Single mother, actress Jennifer Garner says she "would not have chosen this life"

Actress Jennifer Garner ended her relationship with husband Ben Affleck in 2015, but the actress said she’s still “not interested in dating” other men.

>> Read more trending news

“I would not have chosen this life for myself or for my kids,” Garner told Australia’s News.com.au.

“I would not choose to be single or be in this position. It’s something that we are working through. I haven’t been on a date and I am not interested in dating. People want to set me up and I am just like, ‘No thank you!’,” she said.

Garner also commented on the recent wave of sexual misconduct allegations in Hollywood, which Affleck himself was caught up in when it was revealed that he had clumsily groped an MTV presenter in 2003.

“We can’t lump all men into [the same category],” she said. “We can’t just assume that every man has done something awful or that every man is guilty; due process is important and has to take place.”

>> Related: Ben Affleck might be hanging up his Batman cape and the internet is suggesting some interesting replacements

Garner and Affleck separated in June 2015 after 10 years of marriage — although the divorce was not officially finalized until 2017. No specific reason was given for the split, but multiple reports of Affleck’s infidelity began to emerge in the aftermath, one of which claimed Affleck had been having an affair with the nanny of their three children, Christine Ouzounian — an allegation Affleck denied.

Another accusation alleged that Affleck and his current partner, “Saturday Night Live” producer Lindsay Shookus, started seeing each other long before they became official and while they were still married to their respective spouses.

>> Related: Report: After separation, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner filing for divorce

Garner recently spent a lot of time promoting her latest movie, “The Tribes of Palos Verdes,” which is based on 1998 Joy Nicholson novel. Garner plays a distressed mother whose husband (Justin Kirk) abandons her for another woman shortly after they move to the swanky beach community of Palos Verdes, California, with their two teenage children (played by Maika Monroe and Cody Fern).

Armed man records Facebook Live during police pursuit

A man arrested after a Dayton police pursuit and crash recorded himself on Facebook, pointing a gun as he was being pursued by Dayton police. 

>> Read more trending news

A citizen who claims to have seen the Facebook Live of the chase before the post was taken down sent the Facebook video to WHIO.com Tuesday morning. 

In the video, King Turner, 19, of Trotwood, Ohio, can be seen pointing a gun while driving fast and making quick turns, crossing a bridge before finally crashing and bailing out of the car. 

At the end of the video, you see a police officer pick up the cellphone as it continues to record.

Turner was arrested after the pursuit and crash on Tennyson Avenue on Nov. 10, according to a Dayton police report.

Turner was found hiding in a home on Shaftesbury Road a few minutes later.

He was being held in the Montgomery County Jail Tuesday afternoon, facing charges of improper handling of a firearm, receiving stolen property, failure to comply with the order of a police officer and a parole violation. 

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >